Saturday, April 30, 2011

Enough is Enough (d20 Modern)

9/9/2016

This country cannot continue on its current path.  The corporatocracy no longer hides behind the politicians who had their pockets padded in exchange for favorable votes on tax cuts, immigration, and the like.  By appeasing the desires of Big Business, the United States of America has squashed not only the American Dream, but the American Mediocrity.  The gap between rich and poor is as far as East is from West.  There is virtually no middle class anymore.  If you can scrape together more than $25,000 a year, you're doing well for yourself in today's economy.

Unfortunately, doing well isn't cutting it anymore.  I've watched my unemployed friends search for the last five years without even being able to land a job at WalMart or McDonald's.  I've watched my employed friends experience wage freezes, or even lose their jobs.  If you've been unemployed for more than a month, nobody will hire you.  I suppose I should be thankful to even have a job, although I'm working more hours for less pay.

Texas had the right idea when they seceded, and I don't care who reads this.  I wish Kentucky could join the SSA.  I'd emigrate to an SSA state, but it's not that easy to just pack up an entire family and leave the USA anymore.  We would probably get pulled over before we even left the county.  And that is even assuming we could afford the gas to make it to Arkansas.

I guess what I'm saying is that the government has to know that the people are fed up, and imprisoning protesters will not stop us, the dissidents.  I don't care that protests are illegal, I am going to the courthouse lawn on September 11 to protest the current state of the Union, and I won't be alone.  The fifteenth anniversary to the so-called "terrorist attacks" will serve as a perfect stage for our voices to be heard.  Join me at the courthouse at 8:46 AM if you have had enough with the government oppression!

If you don't see me again, I want my wife and children to know that I love them very much, and wasn't afraid to stand up to the bullies and fight for what's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment