Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Most people view the new year as a time for change, and make resolutions for the changes they want to see in their lives.


Most of these people fail.


Where they have failed, you have the chance to succeed.  You have the drive to make your life better for your sake, and your family's.  And this year, you have someone who will support you and challenge you when you enter times of weakness.  So tell me, what are your New Year's Resolutions?


This year, I have decided to make two resolutions, which should be relatively easy to keep.  They don't require me to go out of my way to a gym or anything of that nature.  My resolutions for 2011 are to eliminate sodas from my diet, and to write at least one blog post per week.

The first resolution has an interesting side story.  I decided to eliminate sodas while I was at work earlier this week.  When I got home that night and told my wife, she gave me a strange look and said, "Me too."  We had both managed to make the same resolution, on the same night, without ever having discussed it beforehand.  It was rather uncanny.

The second resolution is one that really shouldn't be a problem, since I do enjoy writing about Kennedy and our lives.  I do realize that time is sometimes scarce, though, which is why I gave myself a week for each post.  I fully expect to post more often, but that should be the minimum.

Kennedy and my wife have gone again to help with her mother in Tennessee.  Interesting developments with Neglectful Mother that I'll share with you next time.

Batman: The Long Halloween
I picked up Batman: the Long Halloween last night.  Shouldn't be too long and I'll have a review posted.  The critically-acclaimed film The Dark Knight was roughly based on this graphic novel, so expectations are high.

1 comment:

  1. Those are decent enough resolutions. Good luck man.

    Give Gotham by Gas Light a try if you get the chance or Haunted Gotham.

    ReplyDelete